A definite stress buster - taking up an old hobby again!

Books are one's best friends - There is indeed no doubt in this.

There was a time when I used to be an avid reader and could spend hours or rather days holed up in a corner with my favorite book in hand. Book shops used to fascinate me making me feel like Alice in wonderland!

But alas, as time passed by I got caught up with motherhood, full time job and gradually drifted apart from my best companions. But the Bibliophile in me never really died and I yearned to spend some time with them.

Recently, my newly made resolution of making time for myself and doing things which I enjoy made me sit up and browse through online book stores to order some good reads for me. And wow, what a therapy it was!

As much as I would like to go to a real library or book café and relax with a book in one hand and coffee in the other, the lack of either of these in my neighborhood left me with no other option than to browse for them online. One of the reasons I had stayed away from my friends was also this, I was a die hard bibliophile who LOVED the feeling of holding a book, flipping through the pages and just soaking up all the words.

Anyways, without wasting further time I ordered these:

              Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook

              Women & the weight loss tamasha by Rujuta Diwekar

               Lady, You're not a man by Apurva Purohit




             
I was so happy after placing the order, it felt as if I had got my mojo back! I literally could not sleep those two nights before getting my order and for the first time waited anxiously for Monday.
The courier person must have heard the sweetest hello of his day when he called me to check my availability J

Finally my order was delivered and I became the proud owner of my brand new glistening books.
All three of them made good reads and totally met my expectations. Will review each one in detail soon!

Did you also do something good for yourself recently like picking up a hobby you had to leave because of lack of time or other reasons? Please do it if you haven't already and see how it cheers you up. After all, we should Live and Love our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment